Having just released his stunning EP 'Saturn / Sunbeam', Murtagh shared is top 5 staple tracks from his library of inspiration - including a Colorize classic.
1. &ME, Rampa, Adam Port, Keinemusik - MuyÃÂÃ'Â© [Keinemusik]
- A special track for the more sombre moments of the night - moody and contemplative.
2. Kiasmos - Drawn [Erased tapes]
- Could be a follow up to the above since it continues in the same moody and contemplative theme. The piano ostinato along with those 3 chords that arrive shortly after, is magical.
3. Agoria - Panta Rei (Jon Hopkins Remix) [Sapiens]
- This is a classic for me. An instant mood lifter with its light and air sound.
4. Matt Fax - To The Ground [Colorize]
- A true Colorize anthem! This was actually one of the tracks that made me discover the Colorize catalogue. I had to message Amy Wiles to get the name of it when she played it in WHP.
5. Pryda - The Drive [Pryda Recordings]
- I waited for this track for a very long time. I was lucky enough to see Prydz himself doing a CafÃÂÃ'Â© Mambo sunset set some years ago and he played this track - it was stuck in my head for ages. The little guitar loop deserves an award on its own, so simple but yet so effective.
You can listen to Murtagh's latest release 'Saturn / Sunbeam' via the link below.
Listen - Here